Skip to main content

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 22

These lewd things are idols?

Episode: 22


[Gil Minseo, SS+]

Could that rank even be possible?

Honestly, even Hee-ju’s SS rank didn’t make sense.

“There sure are a lot of hidden monsters in the world.”

Could it be that Nobel guided me here just to show me this?

[Oh. I just wanted to eat tteokbokki.]

Isn’t a godlike AI supposed to foresee something like this?

[Hehe. When I get obsessed with tteokbokki, even AI can't resist.]

“Team Leader. Aren’t you going inside? Are we just going to wait out here?”

“Huh? Ah. Um. Should we wait inside?”

It would be a bit awkward to wait inside, and it might be inconvenient for the people eating, but…

I was curious to see what kind of person Gil Min-seo was, beyond just her rank.

Not only as a manager, but also as someone working in the management industry, I was curious to see what kind of person Gil Min-seo was.

But then…

“Oh! You’re welcome to wait inside. Come to think of it, the weather is still a bit chilly, isn’t it? I must have been too harsh. Hehe! It might be nice to take a look at the menu while you wait and decide what to order in advance! Since you’re at it, why not take your time and create the perfect combination?”

She’s glowing.

“Here we go! We’ve got mini gimbap, tteokbokki, and ramen! And a sweet smile from me! Love you! Enjoy your meal!”

Sometimes you hear people say that someone was born to do something.

I used to think that was nonsense, just something people say to give confidence or justify someone’s choices.

But when I look at Gil Min-seo, even I find those words rising up to my lips.

This girl was born to be an idol.

She exists to be a celebrity.

“Did you enjoy your meal? Please come again next time! Ah, you didn’t have too hard of a time waiting, did you? Alright, another customer’s coming in. Let’s clear the table right away!”

“She’s full of energy, isn’t she?”

“Yeah.”

Even Hee-ju and Da-young nodded when they looked at Gil Min-seo.

“She really does seem like an amazing person.”

Eun Hee-ju murmured something with a meaningful tone, but…

She wasn’t wrong.

To exaggerate a bit, if someone who was overworked and exhausted were to meet Gil Min-seo just before collapsing from overwork, they might just spring back to life, smile, and clench their fists alongside her.

She had so much energy that she seemed to make everyone around her feel happy and energized.

And that was one of the highest virtues an idol should have.

“That rank doesn’t come out of nowhere.”

A girl born to be an idol.

Gil Min-seo.

I’m going to cast her no matter what.

No matter what it takes.

[Well. Hm. She’s an interesting girl. But before that! Let’s eat the tteokbokki first, Master. This place is supposed to be a real tteokbokki hotspot.]

“…Have you both decided what to order?”

“Well, since we came all this way, we should get the tteokbokki, right?”

“Me too.”

“Hmm. Then I’ll…”

[Menu]

Ramen - 3,500 KRW

Nice Gimbap - 2,500 KRW

Dumplings - 3,000 KRW

Tteokbokki (one serving) - 4,000 KRW

Mom’s Stir-Fried Pork - 5,500 KRW

What a surprise.

They have stir-fried pork on the menu.

“I’ll have the stir-fried po—”

[Squeeeeeeeeaaaal!!!!!]

[Squeeeeeeeaaaallll!!!!!]

[Squeeeeeeeeaaaalllll!!!!]

“…I’ll just have the tteokbokki too.”

[Yes!]

Damn it.

Stir-fried pork is so delicious. If the tteokbokki is good, the stir-fried pork must be great too.

‘I’ll make sure to come back alone and eat the stir-fried pork next time.’

As I made that vow to myself, Gil Min-seo approached.

“Have you decided on your order? No matter what you choose, it’s all delicious, so you won’t regret it! And if you enjoy it, please come back next time. If not, I’ll be upset.”

I can’t help but smile.

Have I become an old man?

“Three servings of tteokbokki and two rolls of gimbap, please.”

“Got it! If you need anything else, just call me anytime.”

“Oh, wait a second.”

“Yes?”

Just as she was about to dash off as energetically as she had come, Gil Min-seo suddenly stopped in her tracks.

Looking at her, I spoke.

“I don’t have a business card on me right now, but actually, I’m a team leader at an entertainment management company. Have you ever thought about becoming an idol?”

It was a very typical question.

“Yes.”

No.

Honestly, I couldn't help but hope that this kid would just accept the offer. 

She was someone who fit perfectly as an idol.

However...

“I’m sorry, but I have to decline.”

“......”

It's understandable to refuse, but I hadn't expected it. I was too shocked to process it, especially since it felt like such a waste for someone like Gil Min-seo.

So, perhaps I acted a bit rude.

“Um, could you reconsider?”

I said it with a bit of desperation, which might have put Min-seo in an uncomfortable situation.

“Oh.”

Suddenly, Min-seo staggered and tried to grab the edge of the table, but instead knocked over a container of utensils that was on it.

“Min-seo!”

The people who appeared to be her parents burst out from the kitchen in an instant.

“Are you okay, Min-seo?”

The two parents, who were completely focused on Min-seo and not on us at all, anxiously helped her up.

“I’m fine, Mom, Dad! Please go back inside. What are you doing in front of customers?”

“But...”

“Hehe! I’ll finish up in about 30 minutes and join you too.”

“Alright. Just 30 minutes.”

The parents, who had spoken sharply, finally turned to us and bowed their heads.

“We’re very sorry. We’ll clean this up right away.”

“No, it’s fine.”

I shook my head, feeling guilty that I might have caused her to get hurt, and then I started picking up the fallen utensils to hand them over.

‘Did I scare her by asking too suddenly?’

Or is she really unwell?

“Alright, your food is coming right up! My mom’s cooking is the best in the world!”

But as bright and energetic as she looked, it didn’t seem like Min-seo was sick.

It wasn’t the appearance of someone who was unwell.

‘Hmm. I can’t just give up.’

As I was thinking that, Min-seo approached us energetically, holding tteokbokki and gimbap in both arms, and smiled at us again.

“I’m sorry about earlier. But I’ve made sure to put even more love into this, so please enjoy it! Oh, and...”

Min-seo then quietly spoke to me.

“Could I have your phone number?”

“Oh, of course.”

I quickly gave her my number, thinking she might have changed her mind.

Min-seo gave a slightly bitter smile, but then quickly returned to her usual energetic self, worked for about 25 more minutes, and then disappeared.

And the tteokbokki from that restaurant...

[It’s delicious!!!]

[Kyahhh!!! Master, please eat more!!! Shared taste is amazing!!!]

Nobel insisted on packing five more servings, so it looked like I’d be eating tteokbokki for the next week.

Damn.

When am I going to get to eat that stir-fry?

* * *

I was patting my stomach, full of tteokbokki, when I got a call.

An unknown number.

Just in case, I picked it up.

-Hello! This is Gil Min-seo! Are you the one who visited our restaurant today and gave me your number?

Even her voice over the phone was full of energy.

“Yes, that’s me. My name is Kim Hyun-woo, and I’m a team leader at N&P. I really hope you consider debuting as an entertainer.”

-Ah, I’m sorry.

Another refusal without much hesitation.

I thought she had taken my number because she was considering it.

But that wasn’t the case.

-I thought it would be rude not to explain, so... It’s a bit embarrassing to say this myself, but I’m not very healthy.

“......”

I was at a loss for words.

Is that really the tension of someone who’s unwell? To be honest, I was so doubtful that I thought she might just be making an excuse.

But she wasn’t.

-I can’t give you the exact name of my condition, but... my heart is in really bad shape. Hehe. They say I only have about two years left. I really love idols. I love dancing and singing with all my energy! Of course, I can’t do it myself, but...

It was a confession that couldn’t be called a lie.

From the start, Gil Min-seo didn’t seem like someone who would lie.

So.

Does that mean that someone who has been told they have only a short time to live was working so energetically?

‘No wonder her parents were being so overly protective.’

In that situation, their behavior was completely understandable.

“Well, this is...”

This was the first time I’d ever been so speechless, like a mute.

I was genuinely flustered.

In fact, it was Gil Min-seo who ended up comforting me in this situation.

-Oh! Don’t worry! I’m actually the one who feels bad for turning down such a great offer. I love idols, but I’m happy with my life right now too!

What do you even say in times like this?

“I hope you get better.”

Are you crazy?

If that were possible, her parents would have sold their own kidneys to get her the surgery.

[Well, there is something you can say.]

[It’s something only you can say, something no one else can.]

What is it?

[If you make a contract with me, you can kiss your terminal illness goodbye and become a healthy superstar idol.]

Are you out of your mind?

[It’s not a lie.]

[You’ve got the Blessing of Sex. You know it’s the power of a god. Even incurable diseases are meaningless before a god.]

[And I’m willing to offer a special service.]

[Because I enjoyed the tteokbokki from her restaurant so much. If you want, I can give you something. It’s a replica, but it’s a universal cure-all—an elixir.]

‘Can’t that elixir just cure her instantly?’

[Nope. With a replica, it would only last about a week? That’s it. After that, you’d have to keep having sex with her.]

So in the end, she’d be cured?

[If the Blessing of Sex gets stronger, yes.]

[The effect includes healing, after all.]

The problem is how to explain all of this.

Saying, “If you have sex with me, it’s totally possible!” isn’t exactly an option.

-Um. I’ll hang up now. Please come by again sometime. I’ll welcome you with a happy smile. I may not be able to become everyone’s idol, but I can be yours!

“Wait a minute.”

-Yes! I’ll wait a moment!

There was no time to carefully choose my words.

“No one else can do it, but I have a way. A way for you to be healthy and active as an idol.”

I couldn’t outright say she’d be cured.

That wouldn’t make sense.

If her parents heard about it, things could get complicated. Hell, the medical world might start taking an interest in me.

-Hmm. It’s hard to believe, to be honest. But... I kind of want to believe it. Even if I collapse in the middle of it, I’d rather keep trying something than just stay still.

“Then—”

-But I still don’t think I can do it.

“What? Why not?”

She seemed like she was going to agree.

So why is she backing out again?

-Because there’s someone who offered me something similar before you did. If I were to go through with this, I think I should talk to them first.

Wait, what?

“Who is it?”

I asked just in case.

-Oh! Now that I think about it, I believe he’s from the same company as you. A team leader named Park Joo-yong from N&P.

Why is that name coming up now?

[Don’t worry about that.]

[Just tell her to meet with Park Joo-yong. Oh, and don’t forget to hit the record button on your way.]

I followed Nobel’s advice.

-Hmm! I don’t know how this will turn out, but I’ll wait. Hehe. I hope the conversation goes well. I’ll be steeling myself too. Huff! I’ll hold my breath until you call!

“Just make sure to keep breathing.”

-Yep!

Even before the call ended with a click, I was already heading out to find Park Joo-yong.

[He’s in the practice room on the second floor of the company building.]

No need to waste time thinking.

I have Nobel with me, after all.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 1

 

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 2

 

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 0

I became the villain in a romantic comedy—Illustrations

Hong Seol Lee Ye Ji Park Ha-eun She is someone who has not yet appeared at this point in time. TOC Next