Skip to main content

Side Character in a Romantic Comedy manga - Chapter 16


Chapter 16 - Counterattack


The next day, I left home more than an hour early and headed to school.


It wasn’t because I’d gone crazy or suddenly become serious. It was all because of what happened yesterday. The dopamine rush hadn’t stopped, and I hadn’t slept a wink. I couldn’t stay put, so I decided to go to school and calm down.


However, the lack of sleep had consequences. Dark circles formed under my eyes, and I felt both tired and nauseous—a double whammy.


My overall condition was terrible. School, classes, and tests were all irrelevant.


I needed to return Kushibiki’s planner as soon as possible and find out the truth.


I’ve made it to school. Despite pedaling my bike with all my might, I’m surprisingly not worn out and feel quite lively. The classroom was empty. I sat in my seat, fiddled with my phone, and wandered around the room. As time passed, classmates started showing up, but Kushibiki was still absent even after the start of homeroom.


“Um, Kushibiki is absent due to illness. That’s all,” Mr. Tanaka casually announced during homeroom.


Illness, huh? Probably a fake excuse. After all, she had thrown her belongings at me and stormed off yesterday.


There were other reasons too, but it’s convenient. After the morning Homeroom ended, I approached Mr. Tanaka and stopped him.


“Excuse me. Is Kushibiki really sick today?”


“Yes, but is there a problem?”


“Well, I was thinking of returning Kushibiki’s notebook. We’re on good terms, so would it be possible to get her address?”


“Hmm. Since exams are coming up, I’ll tell you if you promise not to misuse the information.”


“I won’t misuse it.”


“It’s a promise, then. Come to the staff room after school, and I’ll give you Kushibiki’s address.”


“Understood. Thank you, Sensei.”


“No problem. Ah, youth is wonderful. I’d love to experience student life again.”


“Haha…”


Mr. Tanaka continued with his nostalgic stories and complaints. I smiled politely and endured it.


After school, I used the address Mr. Tanaka provided to head to Kushibiki’s house.


Now, everyone, avoid using your smartphones while walking or cycling! It’s dangerous!


Although I might be turned down if I visited without an appointment, but I had an ace up my sleeve.


Going directly to Kushibiki’s house would allow me to talk to her and get answers about the whole situation.


My personal feelings and circumstances were tangled up, but I tried not to dwell on them.


Kushibiki’s house was about a 40-minute train ride away, followed by a 10-minute walk from the station.


In this day and age, you can find a rough location by inputting an address into your smartphone. Convenient, right?


However, I’d never been to Kushibiki’s neighborhood, so I was in for a bit of a struggle.


The residential area near the station is bustling, but as you move a little further away, it transitions into a quiet neighborhood. Apartments, condominiums, and standalone houses are tightly packed, creating an impressive sight.


Now, if I recall correctly, turn right after walking straight ahead, and I should find Kushibiki’s house. I’ll need to remember this route for my way back.


As I continued through the residential area and turned the corner, I arrived at Kushibiki’s home. It was an utterly ordinary standalone house, blending in with the surrounding residences. The nameplate confirmed that it belonged to Kushibiki. With determination, I pressed the intercom button.


Despite waiting for a while, there was no response. Well, that’s not surprising.


The intercom allows the person inside to see the visitor. Since I’m here, it wouldn’t be strange if Kushibiki pretended not to be home.


If she’s going to use that tactic, maybe it’s time for me to play my trump card.


“Is Kushibiki there? It’s me,Tachibana Chihaya. I came here because I have something to return to you. Remember the item you left behind yesterday? If no one’s home, I guess I’ll have to leave. What a shame,” I said loudly, intentionally showing her the planner in front of the camera.


As if responding to my act, the front door swung open with force. Kushibiki, dressed casually in blue sweats, glared at me with hostility.


“Come in.”


“You seem lively,” I remarked.


“Shut up. Come in, or I’ll kill you.”


“Sure, sure. You shouldn’t say such dangerous things. After all, you’re the heroine,” I teased.


“A lecture? Annoying…”


Now, let’s see what the interior of Kushibiki’s castle looks like. As expected, it’s an utterly ordinary decor. I took off my loafers, washed my hands, and headed to the living room.


Kushibiki was already seated at the table, her eyes filled with hostility as she monitored my every move. Relax, I won’t resort to violence. I’m here for a conversation.


I pulled out a chair, sat down, and placed the bag I’d brought next to me.


“What brings you here?” Kushibiki asked.


“This. It’s yours, right? I came to return it,” I replied.


Since Kushibiki had thrown her entire bag at me and stormed off yesterday, I brought everything back to return it to her.


She immediately pulled the bag toward herself and began checking its contents.


“It’s not here… Where’s the planner?”


“I have it. Right here, Kushibiki.”


Keeping my trump card until the end is a common strategy. Kushibiki leaned forward, attempting to snatch the planner from my hand, but I deftly pulled it away, keeping it out of her reach.


Her hand swiped through the air, missing the target, and the planner landed on the table.


It must have hurt, considering it hit her face. The cute little sound she made was also a bonus point. Truly fitting for a heroine.


“Ouch…”


“You’re quite clumsy, aren’t you? Surprisingly so.”


“Are you mocking me?”


“Not at all. Everyone has their flaws. Don’t worry about it.”


“You’re definitely mocking me! How much more will you belittle me? Prepare yourself—I won’t let this slide!”


“Oh? Can you really speak to me like that? After all, I’m the one who knows your secret.”


“Ugh… You’re absolutely despicable! What are you planning by threatening me?”


What am I planning? Well, I’m not actually a villain, so she can rest easy.


But Kushibiki’s face flushed, and her body trembled slightly. It seems she’s sensitive to the idea of humiliation.


“What do I need…? You already know, don’t you, Kushibiki?”


“Huh!? Hey, are you serious?!”


“Yes. I’m serious. In fact, I’m fully prepared. I’m ready whenever you are.”


“Ugh… You really are a monster! You’re after my—my body, aren’t you? That’s why I hate men like you, consumed by lust! Die! Disappear! I’ll tear you apart!”


I smirked and smoothly opened my bag, reaching inside.


Kushibiki seemed to have already steeled herself, clenching her teeth and closing her eyes as she trembled. She was probably praying for something.


“Alright then… Could I have your autograph, please?”


“Huh?”


“Well, I’m thrilled that Kushibiki-san is Azusa Hoshimiya! Oh, and could you sign this autograph board? Make sure to write ‘To Chihaya Tachibana-kun ☆’!”


I handed Kushibiki the autograph board and marker, bowing repeatedly and begging for a signature.


Kushibiki, seemingly expecting something more sinister, was taken aback when all I asked for was a signature, her eyes wide with surprise.


“Huh? I just wanted to ask for an autograph, but what were you imagining, Kushibiki? Oh, could it be that Kushibiki is a ske――”


“Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?!”


Kushibiki’s scream was incredibly loud, vibrating the air around us, and I felt like my eardrums might burst from the impact.


Until my hearing recovered, I couldn’t think or speak, and when I finally regained my senses, Azusa Hoshimiya’s signature was written on the autograph board. Success! ☆


Previous

TOC

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 1

 

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 2

 

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 0

I became the villain in a romantic comedy—Illustrations

Hong Seol Lee Ye Ji Park Ha-eun She is someone who has not yet appeared at this point in time. TOC Next