Skip to main content

I Became the Villain in a Romantic Comedy — Chapter 14


Chapter 14 - Why are you suddenly acting like this towards me, seriously? (3)


“Hey, Park Ha-eun.”


There’s an old saying: “Even a bull’s horns can be removed in an instant.” I found myself in the body of Lee Ji-woon, a guy with a long-standing tradition of being a jerk. I stood in front of Park Ha-eun, determined to change my fate immediately.


In reality, after my conversation with Yoon Dong-gun, we had secretly exchanged information during two class sessions. It was our little secret—something we wouldn’t discuss with anyone else. After all, it was just between us.


“Ah…! Ji-woon!”


“Just, wait a moment!”


Park Ha-eun’s tail wagged vigorously (if she had one), and she responded actively to my words. 


Why was she so adorable? I almost wanted to separate the head of the creator who bound such a girl with a wheelchair.


However, a variable appeared. Who was it again? I couldn’t remember the name.


Anyway, this unnamed girl with glasses immediately stood between Park Ha-eun and me. Come on, calm down. What if someone thinks I’m up to something?


Thankfully, the girl with glasses looked pale, as if she were scared. It wasn’t a sadistic pleasure from seeing her scared of me, but more like she might be easily persuaded to leave. That was my hope, at least.


“Why is someone like you bothering Ha-eun?!”


“I have something to discuss.”


“But, but, but, what kind of discussion!?”


“I want to talk to Park Ha-eun, not you.”


“Well, that’s true, but…! If you think about it, it makes sense!”


The girl with glasses seemed to struggle with buffering, as if she were a video player stuck in a loading loop. By the way, I was starting to remember her name now: Kim Go-eun. She was the epitome of a polite character you’d find in Japanese school dramas, and she was an avid reader. Rumor had it that if she didn’t appear in the school library, we should worry about her well-being.


Oddly enough, she was also a sub-heroine. A character meant to facilitate the development between the main heroines and Yoon Dong-gun.


Ultimately, she liked the protagonist but had an unattainable fate. But that wasn’t relevant now; I just wanted her to step aside.


“Excuse me.”


“Hee… hiieeek…!!!”


Who did she think she was? Despite Park Ha-eun’s resistance, Kim Go-eun tenaciously guarded her. Sure, I was a troublemaker, but was I really that much of a scoundrel?


At most, I used to in a relationships with women, got into fights, visited the police station a few times, had a rough appearance, broke rules, and even slapped someone during the school entrance ceremony. But was that enough to warrant this treatment?


She was just a minor character, but I couldn’t fathom why she was acting as if she had seen a ghost.


“Go, Go-eun… I’m really okay…”


“No! Ha-eun is being threatened, isn’t she? This Golden Sun is planning something scandalous, taking advantage of Ha-eun’s weakness!”


Ah, so you’ve seen HitoMi? It’s been a while since I encountered someone with proper common sense. I wish Park Ha-eun had even half of your discernment.


Anyway, we were stuck in a meaningless deadlock. Despite Park Ha-eun’s resistance and my pressure, Kim Go-eun’s heart remained unmoved. Maybe she’d budge if I pushed her a little, but could I really do that to such a small girl?


“Oh, Kim Go-eun. I was looking for you. You like a warm flower bloomed in this cramped classroom.”


“D-Dong-gun…!?”


From the back seat, Yoon Dong-gun, observed the three of us closely. He quickly resolved the situation. With a line that might be fortunate if the girl didn’t run away, he seduced Kim Go-eun, who started chasing after him like a butterfly enchanted by a flower.


Indeed, the protagonist was the protagonist. Even uttering cheesy lines seemed to work on girls.


And the more I thought about it, the more frustrated I became. If they were going to merge me, why not with a character like that instead of poor Ji-woon?


Wink-!


Yoon Dong-gun winked at me and Park Ha-eun as if to say, ‘Do well.’ However, the expressions on me and Park Ha-eun’s faces simultaneously soured as if we had seen something unsightly.


“Looks like she’s gone… Hahaha…”


Park Ha-eun fidgeted awkwardly with her hands. The way Yoon Dong-gun handled Kim Go-eun reminded me of the typical cliché in youth school dramas where a nuisance is removed just before a confession. Maybe that’s why Park Ha-eun couldn’t stay still.


But there’s none of that, buddy. I’m just here to give some real meaning to the evolved Korean greeting of ‘Let’s have a meal together~.’


Nothing more, nothing less, so I should quickly state my business and disappear.


“Let’s have a meal. This weekend.”


“Wh, wh, why so suddenly!?”


“Why, don’t you want to?”


“No, no, no!! I totally like it!! Uung! I love it!!!”


Don’t act cute, Park Ha-eun. Trying to burst my heart with your aegyo initiative, truly befitting the power of a main heroine character.


It took me ten times less time to deal with Kim Go-eun than it did to finish my business and return to my seat. There’s no point in having for small talk with Park Ha-eun. After all, my goal was to walk a fine line.


‘Walking a tightrope… Is it possible?’


Seeing Park Ha-eun excitedly searching for restaurants and places to hang out on her smartphone, I started to worry unnecessarily.


Unnecessary worries. Yeah, I hope they’re really unnecessary…


***


“Then! I’ll go in first, Dong-gun!”


“Be careful as you way home. You wouldn’t want to get blown away by a strong gust of wind.”


“Hehehe~ How nice~”


Yoon Dong-gun wore a satisfied smile. It wasn’t because he enjoyed conversing with Kim Go-eun; rather, he was pleased that he had facilitated the conversation between Park Ha-eun and Lee Ji-woon.


The protagonist leaned against the window, eyes filled with curiosity. He was undeniably handsome, exuding an air of uniqueness whenever he spoke.


Even if he did speak, there was no issue. Surprisingly, throughout his life, he had never encountered anyone who would challenge his eloquence.


“It should go well.”


As he observed students walking through the school, the protagonist mumbled to himself.


Was this the right path? Since Lee Ji-woon’s return after the motorcycle accident, he had repeatedly questioned himself. Was it possible that his cherished childhood friend, Park Ha-eun, would fall into the hands of the ticking time bomb that was Lee Ji-woon?


However, surprisingly, the returned Lee Ji-woon had transformed as if he were a different person. He now covered Lee Ye-ji’s legs with his jacket, even without being asked. He handled bathroom emergencies without a fuss, quietly taking care of things himself.


The most decisive change was how he treated Park Ha-eun. In middle school, he had forcefully pushed her away whenever she approached him. Sometimes, he even resorted to violence, tossing anything he could grab without hesitation.


But now? Although he still pushed her away, he listened to her completely and provided honest answers. Normal. Yes, Lee Ji-woon had returned to the realm of someone who could be considered normal!


“I might… have some expectations too.”


Expectations. The changes that affected not only Park Ha-eun but also Yoon Dong-gun. However, he wasn’t the type to be easily swept away by waves of anticipation, so his reaction was subtle.


Nevertheless, these faint expectations ignited today. Park Ha-eun appeared as usual, but there was something subtly different about her. Something only a childhood friend could notice.


Curious, Yoon Dong-geon asked Park Ha-eun what had happened last night, but surprisingly, she merely mumbled in response. The girl who used to pour out her worries to him first was now avoiding conversation with him—how astonishing!


And her gaze remained fixed on one spot—the back row near the window. Whenever her gaze wandered, she stared at the place where Lee Ji-woon sat.


As if she were hoping for something from him.


“Goodness, you’re quite the handful, aren’t you? Well, this is as much as I can do for you as your childhood friend, Miss Park Ha-eun.”


Last night’s events remained a mystery, but Yoon Dong-gun didn’t pry. For now, he simply allowed Park Ha-eun to move as she pleased; that was the virtue of a childhood friend.


“Oh. Just now, I had a really cool idea.”


Once again, Yoon Dong-gun basking in his own brilliance.


This guy’s mouth was a treasure trove of surprises.


***


“Ah.”


“Seeing you again, Ji-woon? But what’s that in your hand?”


One of the biggest changes since I possessed Ji-woon’s body was the need to periodically inhale nicotine.


I, who had lived my whole life as a non-smoker, found myself hooked on nicotine because of this guy. Why not just quit, you ask? If it were that simple, why would there be smokers in the world, and why would tobacco companies be raking in money?


Anyway, that was a minor issue. At least compared to the situation I’m currently in.


“I’m screwed.”


Me, Ji-woon.


I’m about to spill the beans about getting caught by the discipline officer, Hong Seol, while smoking on the rooftop.


Previous

TOC

Next


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 1

 

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 2

 

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 0

I became the villain in a romantic comedy—Illustrations

Hong Seol Lee Ye Ji Park Ha-eun She is someone who has not yet appeared at this point in time. TOC Next