Skip to main content

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 49

These lewd things are idols?

Episode: 49


Thud. Julia, who had come down, asked me.


“You know me?”


Thankfully, I could understand that much English.


I sincerely thank my parents for raising me so I can at least understand this much.


“Yes. Yes. I'm your big fan.”


“How... Never mind. Use Korean. Let’s talk in Korean.”


Huh?


I looked at Julia with a puzzled expression.


“Korean. Can you speak it?”


“Not much, but I can manage to some extent.”


[She said she started studying it little by little after seeing KPOP for the first time when she was trying to work in Korea. She made up her mind yesterday, but she had been vaguely considering it.]


Very impressive.


It means she can at least communicate in Korean.


‘By the way, seeing her up close, she's much healthier than she looks from afar.’


Her arms, thighs, and chocolate abs are no joke.


Even our girls are pretty healthy in that regard, but...


It seemed hard to compare them to Julia.


‘I didn’t used to be into this sort of thing.’


I thought I wouldn't be attracted to a muscular woman.


But now that I’m face-to-face, it’s turning me on.


[You’ll probably end up having that kind of relationship with Julia after all. If you want to keep her on your team, sleeping with her might be the way.]


Okay.


Let’s try to make that happen.


“I know who you are, Julia Smith. I’m a fan of yours.”


“You’re suspicious. I haven’t even made my debut yet.”


“To be precise, I’m a fan of your parents, Kill Smith and Celia Robbins. I learned about you through their work.”


I showed her the photos and videos of them that I had saved on my phone in advance.


“What? You recognized me just from that?”


“Of course! Look here, there’s a picture of you climbing with your parents from a few years ago. You haven’t changed much, and you have a black spot on the back of your thigh. I recognized you from that.”


“Oh my God. You figured it out just from that? I can’t believe it.”


Then, I handed her my business card.


[N&P Entertainment]


[Team Leader Kim Hyun-woo]


“It’s true. This is who I am. I’m known for having a sharp eye, so I recognized you right away. You’ll see when you come to our company.”


“I’m not sure why I’d visit your company, but you approached me knowing I’m a choreographer, didn’t you? From the start?”


“Yes, I knew you were a choreographer. But meeting you was by accident.”


[You’re using all the English you studied today.]


Of course.


Even though I felt like I was going to die from exhaustion, I crammed as much English as I could on the way here.


“Hm. This is quite curious. But okay. Do you have business with me?”


There it was.


That awkward Korean foreigners use.


“Business with me.”


“Yes! Of course. I do have business with you. You’re a choreographer. I’m a team leader handling an idol group. The reason we meet is already determined. Fate!”


“......”


[She seems unsure whether she’s amused or annoyed by your random bits of English, Master.]


Shut up your mouth.


I’m very, very serious right now.


[Okay, Nobel supports you, Master.]


As she continued to speak in this broken Korean, which seemed to be missing a few screws here and there, we somehow kept the conversation going.


“Hm. This kind of meeting is very interesting. Moreover, I came to Korea to work as a choreographer. If this is really a coincidence, it must have been ordained by God.”


“Yes. Yes, exactly.”


Hearing the word “God” made me flinch a little.


“But for you and me to work together, there’s something very important that’s needed.”


“Pay?”


“No, no. I have plenty of money. My parents are rich. So, naturally, I’m rich too. Understand?”


“……”


What was this?


We were just having a conversation, but I felt like I got hit out of nowhere.


And you! Just a moment ago, you were adding ‘습니다’ at the end of every sentence, and now you’re suddenly using informal speech?


I’ll let it slide since you’re a foreigner.


But if you end up sleeping with me, I’ll rub myself against those chocolate abs of yours that keep appearing and disappearing.


“The KPOP group you mentioned. Are they guys? Or girls? If they’re girls, I can’t accept your offer.”


“Um. Girls. A girl group. But our girls are stronger than most men. No fights. Our girls are monsters. Bakemono!”


[You’re really working hard, aren’t you?]


What do you want me to do?


Pitiful? Embarrassing?


None of that matters at all.


If I can get what I want, I’m willing to look even more pathetic than I do now.


“Mr. Kim, I can see how much you care for and cherish your girls. But I came to Korea to choreograph for male KPOP idols. That is my dream. I’m really sorry, but we can’t work together.”


“No, no, no. No!”


I vigorously denied it and played videos of the girls’ songs and dances I had saved on my phone in front of Julia.


Typical KPOP, mixing Korean and English.


I even had over 300 videos of the girls practicing in front of the mirror stored on my phone.


“Look at this. There are no other girls in the world who are this beautiful, energetic, multi-talented, and full of personality and charm. These girls will reach the top of Korea, and eventually, they’ll become famous worldwide. I guarantee it. I’m willing to bet my life on it.”


You might think, “How can someone grovel this much?”


Even the people climbing next to us were glancing at me.


Some might think it’s impressive.


But I’m sure others think it’s pathetic.


However, what’s the point of holding onto useless pride and missing out on an opportunity?


What’s a little embarrassment and groveling if it means I can get what I want?


Comedians do it all the time to get chances from PDs.


[Geez.]


Nobel lets out a small, dry laugh.


[To be honest, I never thought there was much of a chance of you and Julia getting together. After all, as she mentioned herself, her dream is to choreograph for K-pop boy groups. That’s why she came to Korea.]


[Her goals are clearly set. But I’ll admit this much.]


“Mister Kim.”


[Julia’s feelings have shifted a little.]


“You are quite an interesting and amusing person.”


Is she saying I’m a comedian?


Yes.


Should I say, ‘I’m a Korean comedian’?


[She’s showing you respect.]


Ah, I see.


“Working with you seems like it would be very rewarding. So, I’ll give you a chance. Don’t take this the wrong way. I’m serious.”


“Oh. Okay. Feel free to speak casually.”


“You and one of the idols you just chose—along with me, of course—let’s have a climbing competition. If you win, I’ll accept. Okay?”


What do you mean, okay?


Damn. I almost smacked her with an ‘okay.’


Is she serious right now?


I’ve seen Julia climb before.


No.


Even without that, just looking at her muscular physique, I could tell how absurd her proposal was.


Sure, I’m a guy.


And thanks to the blessing of sex, I’m in better shape than before.


If I had some experience in climbing or was skilled at it, I might have a chance.


But today’s my first time climbing.


On top of that, I’ve always been bad at rope-related exercises or anything involving pull-ups.


“If you can’t accept this proposal and think it’s unfair, then our relationship ends here. Don’t say anything more to me. Let’s settle this with a clean competition.”


“……”


[Accept it.]


[If you want to work with Julia, this is your only option.]


‘What are my chances of winning? Or the outcome?’


[Sorry, but I won’t tell you this time. It’ll be more fun that way.]


If Nobel says this is the only option, then it’s the only option.


“Okay. I accept. Fine. Wait here. I’ll be back to finish you off.”


[Did Mister Kim’s Korean just break down?]


After hearing my response, Julia gave me an unexpectedly kind smile and nodded.


“Okay. I’ll be waiting, Mister Kim.”


If she’s going to smile so kindly like that, she could just lose on purpose in the game.


[Julia is the type of person who hates losing on purpose more than anything.]


I figured.


Women like her are known for their insane competitiveness, even in mini-games, making everything awkward for everyone else.


“Phew. I’ll just have to find a way to do it.”


[Basic rock climbing tips. Know these, and you’ll be a pro climber in 30 minutes?]


I couldn’t afford to watch videos, fearing a car accident.


So I tried to at least learn a little by listening to some audio.


I couldn’t ask my team to handle this.


“Has anyone here ever done climbing? Of course not, right? I’m right, aren’t I?”


Gil Min-seo, who had heart problems, definitely hadn’t.


Seong Se-ri, who spent her childhood as a trainee and probably doesn’t even remember what it was like, wouldn’t have either.


Eun Hee-ju, unfortunately, didn’t know anything about climbing either.


Just as I was steeling myself even more for the challenge, I heard:


“Not a lot, but I’ve done it before.”


Huh?


[Lee Da-young, S+]


Someone I didn’t expect at all raised her hand coolly.


“You’ve done it before?”


“Yes. Well, when you’re acting, experience is important. You never know what role you might need to play. So, I try to learn basic skills for anything I can experience in my daily life. I did indoor climbing for about three months.”


“Wow, unnie, that’s amazing!”


I agreed with Gil Min-seo’s admiration.


A hidden gem was on our team.


“But why are you suddenly talking about climbing?”


“Well, you see…”


I gave a brief explanation about Julia.


Of course, I left out any details that might hint at how tough her choreography might be.


But still…


“She seems like an incredibly tough choreographer, doesn’t she?”


“Gasp!”


Nobel.


When did you go over there?


[What are you saying? My voice can only be heard by you.]


Then how did she read my mind?


“From the looks of it, you were probably really persistent. Otherwise, there’s no way she’d push you away with something as unreasonable as this. But, well, whatever.”


Lee Da-young spoke firmly.


“I trust you. We need her, no matter how tough it is. You were willing to go to such lengths to secure this opportunity. Right?”


Did she plant a bug on me? Or a hidden camera?


“That’s right. Her choreography skills are probably top-tier. So, about that…”


“What is it?”


“…The choreography will probably be ten times harder than you’re imagining. No, maybe a hundred times.”


After I said that, Lee Da-young muttered something under her breath.


“I might just lose on purpose.”


I immediately grabbed onto her leg and hung on.


“Ugh. Fine! I’ll do it, okay?”


[You’re really showing off your embarrassing side today.]


Shut up.


||Previous||TOC||Next||

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 1

 

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 0

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 2

 

I became the villain in a romantic comedy—Illustrations

Hong Seol Lee Ye Ji Park Ha-eun She is someone who has not yet appeared at this point in time. TOC Next