Skip to main content

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 36

These lewd things are idols?

Episode: 36


He had lost his emotions.


A robot mother.


“I’ll be the one to break the curse of the Northern Duke.”


All of these names were from works about characters who were initially cold or devoid of emotions, gradually gaining humanity over time.


I hadn’t watched any of them myself.


But I’d heard of them because they were so famous.


Honestly, they weren’t my style.


But now, I think I understand.


Why those stories moved people.


Why they brought tears to their eyes.


“When someone who used to be expressionless starts showing real emotions, it’s like this.”


All of us, myself included, were frozen after watching Hee-ju’s performance.


Her expressions of frowning and smiling during a love confession song filled our view.


We couldn’t look away.


The term “spellbound” was made for moments like this.


[Eun Hee-ju, SS+]


The rank I had seen earlier in passing was no mistake.


It was clearly displayed in her mind.


“Hoo, hoo.”


When Hee-ju’s solo stage ended, and she returned to her usual expressionless self, only then could we finally breathe again.


“Team Leader.”


“Huh?”


“Was it good?”


“Of course, it was goo….”


A single tear suddenly fell from the corner of my eye.


Without even realizing it, I had been moved by Eun Hee-ju.


And this wasn’t even a real performance, just a practice one.


To be honest, calling it merely “good” felt like an insult. Hee-ju a moment ago was living, breathing emotion itself.


“I still have a long way to go, don’t I?”


“…”


Lying would’ve been more painful.


But if that would help this monster soar even higher...


As a fan, more than as a team leader, I wanted to see that.


“You still have a long way to go. A lot. But I can feel how much you’ve improved.”


“Thank you. I’ll keep working hard. On everything.”


The robot who learned emotions spoke a bit more than before.


Occasionally, she even took a breath and seemed to think.


“It’s all thanks to you, Team Leader.”


That tiny smile she shows when she realizes she’s slipped from her expressionless mask.


A form of emotional expression that only Eun Hee-ju could show.


“Let me say it again. You’ve improved a lot. Even if it’s still not enough.”


“Yes.”


“Keep it up.”


“Yes.”


It’s only been two months together.


Was I always this sentimental?


My eyes keep stinging with tears.


She’s not even my daughter.


No, calling her my daughter would be problematic in this situation. But, it was such a heart-swelling moment, I guess you could say.


It made me naturally resolve to work even harder as a team leader.


‘I’ll make sure you’re all happy, no matter what.’


Sex aside.


Even if I hadn’t gone that far with Eun Hee-ju.


I was different from that bastard, Park Joo-yong.


It was a choice that could change her life.


If she had become a trainee because of my offer, I had an obligation to take responsibility for them, no matter what.


“I regret it.”


“Huh?”


“I regret telling you.”


Looking to my side, I saw Se-ri staring at Hee-ju with a troubled expression.


[Seong Se-ri, SS]


“I feel like I’m at my limit, like I can’t grow anymore. And I’m getting older, so I’ll probably just decline. I couldn’t beat her before, and now I’ve sent her way too far ahead.”


But it wasn’t just Se-ri.


“I wish I didn’t have such a good eye for things at moments like these. I’d rather not know. But after seeing that, I know how lacking I am.”


Da-young too.


“That…”


[Gil Min-seo, SS+]


Even Gil Min-seo, who was always cheerful and whose bright personality was her best trait, couldn’t say much in front of Eun Hee-ju this time.


The fact that Min-seo, who’s always talkative, was silent spoke volumes.


“My goal is to succeed on my own.”


Hee-ju’s calm determination put the finishing touch on everything.


“I’ll keep working harder to make that happen.”


They hadn't even debuted as a group yet, but she was already declaring she’d go solo.


“What an arrogant brat!”


“Yeah, you little bitch. What? You think you can succeed on your own? What does that make the rest of us, destined to fail? You really have no filter, do you?”


“Come on, everyone! Let’s all work hard together! Fighting!”


Though it might be discouraging, at the same time, the kids were fired up, taking this as a motivation to push themselves even harder.


They might have momentarily bowed their heads, but these kids were not ones to easily break.


That’s why they had talent.


“Alright, there are six days left until the end-of-month evaluation. Let’s do our best until then. You have to perform better than you are now. Your level is nothing special in the professional world.”


“Yes!”


With a clap of my hands, the practice resumed.


But, hmm...


“Hee-ju.”


“Yes.”


“Is it just me, or did your emotional expression get a bit weaker?”


“Oh.”


Eun Hee-ju tilted her small head and confidently replied.


“It seems like the happiness I charged up is running out. Team Leader, could you charge me up again?”


Was it really chargeable?


“Hey, hey! Why should you get all the perks? Me too! Me too! Master!”


“You guys... Don’t you know the order of things? There should be rules and order between adults and children! If we’re doing this, I should go first.”


“Come on! Why don’t we just all do it together?”


These perverts.


I wonder if they really have what it takes to become the world’s greatest idols.


“…Come out one by one later, through the emergency exit.”


“So, who goes first?”


“Rock, paper, scissors, you little brats.”


“Yes!”


As I watched them take deciding the order to sleep with me more seriously than their practice, I shook my head.


“Whoa, shit. What the hell?”


A curse slipped out of my mouth as I looked toward the practice room door.


And for good reason.


Park Joo-yong was standing there, quietly watching us as we practiced and messed around. If this bastard wasn’t a team leader at our company, I would’ve called the police right away.


I would have reported an illegal intruder and stalker.


‘What a funny guy.’


If that bastard had seen Hee-ju’s first performance, he would’ve been utterly shocked.


Not even Gil Min-seo.


But the kid I brought in first.


The one who was the most lacking.


The one who was like a robot was now showing the most remarkable performance.


No matter how much that bastard tries to deny it.


As long as he’s a team leader in the management industry, his eyes can’t be that blind.


‘Does he even know how to spy?’


I quickly asked Nobel where Park Joo-yong was.


[He’s in the conference room on the 4th floor.]


Huh?


Why a conference room?


[He called the Oasis kids there.]


No way, this bastard.


Again?


“Hey guys, keep practicing. I’ll be right back.”


Just in case, I took the elevator straight up to the 4th floor from the 2nd.


Today, there were no meetings scheduled, so all the lights were off.


Except for one, the light in the 3rd conference room at the end of the hall.


And through the frosted glass, I could see a familiar balding figure.


He was holding a board, presumably with the end-of-month evaluation criteria, shaking it up and down.


It was like he was training disobedient dogs.


[3rd Conference Room]


[In Use]


As I got closer, I could hear Park Joo-yong’s voice, loud and angry, even though it was supposed to be a soundproof space.


“Hey! How many years have you been trainees? Answer me!”


“Four years, five years.”


“And that’s all you can do? I’m so ashamed I can’t even show my face. Fuck. I tried to be nice to you guys, but if that’s all you can manage, I can’t help it either! Got it?”


Bang!


He slammed the board on the table, trying to scare them.


The kids, who flinched and shrank back, seemed twice as small now.


“How much, huh? How much have I begged the president for you? Huh? I swallowed my pride and made an effort for you, creating this opportunity! And this is all you can do?”


“We’re sorry.”


What the hell is he doing?


Park Joo-yong was verbally beating the Oasis kids like he was catching a rat.


He was just taming them with clever words.


It was gaslighting to turn them into obedient puppets.


‘Isn’t this guy crazy?’


Even if idol trainees have some grit, they’re still just kids, fragile and delicate.


Some of them are so focused on training for their debut that they don’t even have basic common sense.


I can’t imagine how much it would hurt them, how much trauma it would cause, hearing things like that.


"You guys. You've been coming here for years, skipping school to become celebrities, right? But what if you miss this chance and screw up your debut? Do you think this company is a joke? Don't you know how important the first step is?"


"……"


"All those famous groups out there? They all hit it big right from the start, gained fans and recognition, and that's why their second and third albums are also huge hits!"


"We're sorry."


"Don't say you're sorry. I don't want to hear it."


"……"


The Oasis girls, on the verge of tears, could only bite their lips and fall silent.


"What do you think will happen if you mess up this debut? What can you possibly do if you leave here? The only things you know how to do are sing and dance, you—"


"That's enough, Team Leader Park. What do you think you're doing?"


I was planning to wait until after he was done talking to step in, but I just couldn't stand it anymore.


This middle-aged man was completely destroying these kids, crushing their self-esteem and everything else.


I knew there were differences in how idols were trained and recruited between my time and when Team Leader Park worked, but I never imagined the gap in our values would be this wide.


There should be a limit, damn it.


"And who do you think you are, butting in like this? Huh?! I'm only doing this to correct their mistakes so they can improve! I'm angry because they aren't doing what I tell them to! Do you want to switch teams? Want me to give these kids to you?"


"……."


"……."


That last comment utterly broke the Oasis girls, who were already struggling.


Except for the leader, Mina, Lee sora and Serina had already collapsed to the floor, crying uncontrollably.


"How can a person…"


I was momentarily at a loss for words.


"How can a person do this?"


"And who do you think you are, talking to me like—ah!"


As Park Joo-yong instinctively reached for my collar, I grabbed his wrist with one hand, bringing my face close to his and growling.


"I have no intention of giving my kids to someone like you. As for the Oasis girls, they're talented and beautiful. If you give them to me, I'll take care of both teams."


"You—are you out of your mind?!"


Furious, Park Joo-yong finally managed to shake off my hand, pointing at the crying Oasis girls and shouting.


"You girls better do your best! Think about your parents! Do you want to end up ruining your lives and drowning in debt?!"


"That bastard…"


I seriously considered punching him, but before I could, I saw him quickly walk away and get on the elevator.


"Damn it, is he out of his mind? What's wrong with him, seriously?"


I can't believe I worked under that jerk for three years. The thought of how much more I could have learned from him and ended up becoming like him is terrifying.


"Go ahead and cry more. Now's the time if you ever want to let it all out. You wouldn't even be able to cry in front of that guy."


"Sob… sob!"


They said they were 20, 20, and 21 years old.


Just became adults.


If they were just normal kids, they'd be hanging out with friends at midnight, drinking for the first time.


Or maybe going on a college MT trip.


If not that, maybe going on a nice trip with money they earned from part-time jobs.


But now, they were in this miserable state because of one wrong person they met.


"Damn. I can't just let that bastard get away with this."


[There are ways to get rid of him.]


[And it's something that can happen without me even telling you.]


[For now, let's take care of the Oasis girls.]


Of course, I was already planning to do that.


"Um, Team Leader Kim."


"Yeah."


Mina, the leader of Oasis, who had been holding back her tears, approached me and bowed her head.


"I know this is a really shameless request…"


She bowed her head.


Her clenched fists were trembling uncontrollably.


Her voice, of course, was shaking too.


"Could you give us the album? We feel like we're really going to die if we don't get it."


||Previous||TOC||Next||


Comments

  1. Hopefully they can all improve.
    With the cheat power maybe it'll help close the gap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 1

 

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 2

 

These lewd things are idols?: Episode 0

I became the villain in a romantic comedy—Illustrations

Hong Seol Lee Ye Ji Park Ha-eun She is someone who has not yet appeared at this point in time. TOC Next